Friday, May 21, 2010

My Brother and Sister

I'm sure you know how maybe some of your friends say that younger brothers or sisters are sooooo annoying, and how older brothers/sisters can be really bossy. Well in my family, my brother can be agrivating sometimes, and my sister can get bossy sometimes, and I must admit I can get a little bossy with my younger brother. I pray that I won't be as bossy with my brother, and God answers most of my prayers, but what I'm still learning is not to get as upset with my sibblings and parents, because we all sin and I know it's really hard not to get angry or to get really upset with your brother/sister when they're aggrivating you or being too bossy. I used to pray almost every night and day for me not to boss my brother ever ever again...... well I soon found out that that didn't happen, because the next thing I new I was bossing my brother about doing his school work, and cleaning his mess up that he left with his legos, and I relized that that wasn't going to work, asking God to totaly take basicly all my sin away and never let it happen again. But we are all sinners and it's not like we will never get mad at someone again, or, we will never ever lie again in our whole life! So what I should have prayed was this, " Dear God, I'm sorry I have been really bossy with my brother today, I really need help with not bossing as much as I have and help me to not think about the things that Connor has to be doing but to focus on the things that I need to boss myself on." That prayer might not be the longest prayer but I make time to pray it in the day when I fel grumpy, or wanting to boss my brother, and it does help, I start to acctually focus on my things and not my brothers things.

1 comment:

  1. Kylee, I love the way that you recognize that! I too tend to think that problems with my siblings are all their fault ("if only THEY didn't have to be so....) Way to go in asking God to help you change. I have some of the same problems when it comes to bossing my younger AND older brothers around! You are really insightful and I love your blog! Way to go.
    Love,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete